Come to a concert click here for details.
It's easy, come along to a rehearsal on a Tuesday evening and find out just what it’s like to sing in a Male Choir, and the music is NOT the standard male voice choir repertoire! Expect modern pieces and songs that entertain audiences. Bath Male Choir rehearse on a TUESDAY night at Beechen Cliff Methodist Church (Shakespeare Avenue, Bath) 7.45pm until 9.30pm
Call founder conductor Grenville Jones on 01761 472468 during office hours to find out more or 0777 828 2934. New members have to take a short and painless voice test with Grenville.
There’s only one way to find out about singing with us… come to a rehearsal!
Here is a summary of the Choir rules...
2. The Founder Conductor is Grenville Jones.
3. The aim is to establish a balanced Choir of around 90 singers. If an excessive number of any one singing part applies to join, successful applicants may be asked to join a waiting list. Members will be re-auditioned every three years in January.
4. New singers will be asked to take a simple voice test with the conductor, whose decision on membership is final.
5. The day-to-day management of the Choir will be undertaken by Grenville and his office team. All communications will come direct from Grenville’s office by email, allowing a fast response in the event of a prestigious booking needing early confirmation. Members will be updated with concert news, dates, notices and news of social events. The website will be regularly updated and non email members will be contacted by post.
6. The Choir will sing on stage without music and members are expected to know their music.
7. The repertoire will be chosen by Grenville, who will always endeavour to perform music that entertains audiences. This will be music of all standards and genres, from classical to popular. Audiences should leave concerts wanting to come back again!
8. Choir uniform will be decided for each concert, the style will be smart but informal.
9. The annual membership is set each year and includes the cost of choir shirts and contribution to music purchased.
10. It is important that the Choir has a strong social base, and if members group together to organise social events, any surplus funds made from those events will help to reduce the costs of future Choir tours or other Choir social events.
11. Singing in the Bath Male Choir will be an exciting and enjoyable experience with memorable and sometimes unconventional concerts, hopefully also with well-known popular “celebrity” soloists.
12. If the Choir is asked to appear at a venue or undertake a semi-professional booking involving a limited or small number of singers, Grenville will choose the singers who will represent the Bath Male Choir. Any surplus from the fee will go to the Choir social fund.
13. Choir members should inform the conductor if they intend singing as a small group which comprises of members of the Choir. At no time should a smaller group promote themselves as members of the Bath Male Choir.
These points are intended to give prospective members a flavour of singing in the Bath Male Choir.